Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Home away from Home..in the city.

This is our "city home" we are currently staying in. A townhouse that houses the family and dog, and we are very very grateful to have been given this gift while we wait and wait and wait. Can you tell we have YET to hear anything! That's right...STILL no word as to what is happening. So in the meantime you can see that I have brought some containers from the farm to here and started planting flowers and a few veggies.
Our dog Brooklyn on the back stoop....she too is learning how to be a "city dog". She can't just take off and run where ever she wants and bark whenever she wants...the worst part is we now have to pick up her crap EVERYWHERE she goes lol...oh how I long for the country life again!
This is how my gardening has started...in containers on the kitchen ledge. I have a nice pot of lettuce going great guns on the left hand side. I already transplanted some cabbage that I had in the small ones. In the small ones now I have just planted some cucumber seeds. So once those are big enough I will transplant them outside as well. My sister sent me a pic of place that was over run with containers for gardening...she laughed...I laughed harder cause that's pretty much what's about to happen here lol...I'm sure the neighbors are already freaking out lol.
I found this planter at the dump a few weeks ago...someone somewhere made this and then because the original wooden wheels broke off they chucked it out. So I grabbed it...even the little fishing dude on the bench seat is homemade. Yes part of one of his legs is missing but it makes me laugh and I love it. So once my cucumber plants are ready for transplant I will put them in this planter outside.
So there you have it...a small update! Happy container gardening!



1 comment:

  1. Awh, well at least you're still planting! We live in the city and let me tell you, even though I am dying to trade it for a country life, it took me several years to get motivated enough to get some plants on the deck!

    ReplyDelete