Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life must go on!

Well we still have no idea what is going to happen with our home. This process goes a lot slower then I had ever imagined. Some days I get angry that it doesn't go faster, other days I don't care. I think one of the reason's it's harder then I thought is because I am away from my home for the best part of the year lol....SPRING AND SUMMER! I love gardening and tinkering around outside, and since it's a good 20 min drive one way from where we are staying, it can be a "gassing" LOL....like....lots of money in gas, and really, do I want to drive every single day out there to just water the garden once or twice when it's really hot?
These are some of things I am having to come to terms with. I usually have two gardens going and with many other outdoor projects on the go. Since we most likely will not be back there anytime soon, I am having to decide what to do with the whole gardening thing.
Well.....today I went out there and picked up a pile of my gardening containers and brought them to our home in town. I have started my small but sufficient container gardening here in the city. It already has made me feel better being able to tinker with the dirt and come up with a small scale of what I am going to do in my very small space here in the city. No matter what, no matter where I am, I will ALWAYS get some kind of gardening going. I am just so happy I have hoarded all of my containers over the years. There have been a few times where I thought I would not need them anymore since I have so much land to plant what ever I want where ever I want....until all of this craziness happened.
So today I got spinach, Swiss chard, lettuce, and a few pansies I picked up yesterday all planted in containers. I have a few things on the window sill that I started a few weeks ago that are starting to come up...like cabbage and something else I totally forgot what I planted LMAO. Oh well...nothing like a growing surprise lol.
Anyways....I am learning to live with uncertainty...and all the things that come with it. Onward I say.....onward!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment