Friday, October 26, 2012

The darkness......

I have been working some pretty crazy hours lately...and because of this, it has really messed with my internal clock. I am usually a morning person, not a night time person, but working graveyard shifts kinda changes that whether I like it or not.
Anyways...in the middle of these graveyard shifts, I got thrown some early morning/day shifts. So now my clock is really all wonky lol.
So I was in bed pretty early last night and therefore I was up early...like 4am type early. So I tried to keep sleeping, but tossed and turned...over and over....thinking I could hold out til at least 7am til the light started coming out to go for my run.
Well that lasted about half hour....and then I was done waiting in bed...so I just got up. I was out the door by 5:30am in total darkness....there were clouds, so I did not even have some moon for lighting. It was a BEAUTIFUL morning I have to say...for a fall/wintery feeling....not too cold, not to warm...just right. So I had a small flashlight with me which I started off using....and then I got all paranoid.....thinking...geez, what happens if the light runs out half way through this freakin hour walk/run, then I am really screwed lol...and then I got to thinking....what if there is a bear out here...and I shine the light in his eyes, who would be more scared...him or me...and would he run or would I run...would it be a stand off or just a full out me shittin my self LMAO.
So I decided.....screw it, turn to flash light off, let my eyes adjust to the darkness, and just enjoy it. So I just told my self that if it was my time to die via a big bad bear, then it was meant to be, I was not gonna get my self all in a tizzy over the worrying. I didn't take my music with me, so it was total quiet except my breathing.
I have to say, it was the most amazing, relaxing, zen like walk/run I have had yet....I just ran right in the center of the road and embraced the quietness of the morning. No traffic to worry about, no animals out, just me and the darkness..and I liked it!!!!
So back on graveyards tonight....so means I will be running in the light again after I get off work, but it sure was a treat this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment