Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A story about a girl

Once upon a time there was a girl. She was born early that year of 1995, she was born with a head of hair like non other. She was also born with as set of lungs that did not stop for 7 months...some might call that colic....others might call it training. Training and preparation for the later years of teenage hood.
Once  the "training" stopped, out came the beautiful smile and laughter that never stopped....again, until the teenage years....where laughter left her and began once she made it thru puberty.
All her life she had a talent, she was always creating, always drawing, always immersed in some type of creation...this would be the beginning of a longer journey yet to come, one she did not yet know about. One that non of us yet knew about......................

This story is about my daughter. This story cannot end today because really, it has just begun. In two days she will be walking across her graduation stage, walking from one stage into another stage of life.
I might have suggested that she go on to run a brothel and become the head madam of the small hotel in our new town....buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut no....she's gonna be something else.....like something AWESOME!!!!
In a month or so she will be moving to the big city of Calgary starting an awesome new life with awesome new adventures and then entering art school in Sept.
I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty sure I will cry my eyes out on Friday when I watch her walk across the stage. Not just cause she is moving on, but I will be shedding tears that as a single parent for many years, I successfully accomplished getting two children to graduate from high school. Five years ago, my son graduated and now in two days my daughter.
What makes it even more special, is that we will all be together for his occasion, so I am excited for pictures of us all together.
So my baby girl....go forth and make ridiculously fun memories, make mistakes that you will learn from, and always be true to yourself and be always always be LOUD AND PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is how she will rule the world, just like how she started when she was young lol!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment