Monday, July 8, 2013

My first music festival


I will be attending my very first ever ever in my whole life music festival thanks to my son who bought his mother a ticket for a whole 4 day festival! I will be gone I think for a total of 6 days if you include the traveling time....what should be included in that time is "recover" time lol....especially at my tender age of 40 ish lol.
This festival I am going to is called Shambhala..here is a bit about it:

Shambhala Music Festival began in the summer of 1998 when approximately 500 people gathered at the Salmo River Ranch. Over the years, the festival grew organically by word of mouth – friends bringing friends to create a community built upon Shambhalove. In 2010, for the first time, we reached our 10,000 guest capacity. In 2011, the festival saw it’s first sell-out in advance of our gates opening. Online tickets for Shambhala 2012 sold out in just 17 days, in November 2011.
Shambhala is a family-owned business. Farm owners Rick and Sue Bundschuh’s three children produce the festival. The siblings, Corrine, Anna and Jimmy, are our Executive Producers.
Shambhala does not accept any corporate sponsorship and thus retains a true reflection of our people and their own vision. Our attendees are our sponsors.

Now how GREAT is that!!!! How GREAT is it that I have a 22 yr old son who is not embarrassed by his mom and wants her to experience something like this! I have been reassured that I will not be the only "oldie" there, that in fact there is a wide range of age that attend. Either way, it really doesn't matter to me, I can just hardly wait for this amazing experience, cause really, how can it NOT be...all these amazing, unique, eclectic people all in one spot!!!
I am having to learn some new music terms, terms they use describe what genres of stuff I will be listening too....some of them include the following:
Otherwordly music blend
Interactive blend of light & sound
Funk, soul & all this is good
Bass/Trap/BDM
Funky breaks
This is a TINY TINY TINY look into SOME of the different stuff there, I have not even begun to describe the amazing eclectic stuff that I will hear. The music plays ALL NIGHT, on 7 different stages, the only time there isn't music is for two hrs in the afternoon when it's the hottest outside lol...so it doesn't matter if it's 5pm or 5am...there is music somewhere!!
I am looking forward to hearing the Bearded House Mafia on Friday morning at 6am...not sure if I will be conscious lol....but dammit I'm gonna try lol.
There is also some wicked amazing food vendors there too...so I can be rest assured that my vegetarian lifestyle will not be hindered in any sense at all...in fact, I think I will be eating like a queen there with all the wonderful types of food, they make sure they cater to us veg heads.
Sleeping....well...when it is done will be done in a tent....NO PROBLEM!! I love tenting so another awesome bonus...and they have showers on site so again....NO PROBLEM.
The best part of this amazing get up, is that I will be experiencing this with my SON!!!!! I will probably never get this opportunity again in my life to have this amazing time with him and his friends, and I know I will cherish it for the rest of my life!!! Thank you Josh for this amazing gift of your love and time and this experience! I can't wait for it to begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment